Saturday, April 17, 2010

In the news lately


So I'm back after a little bit of a break. I've had some things pop up (like not acquiring a certification I've been working on) and I've been a little off track since. However, back with a brand new post and some more... news.

Let's start with Obama (why not right?). Lately, he's been spouting off about an economic reform bill. He claims that he will veto any bill that has pork or wastefull spending. First off, I've heard that claim before. Secondly, he has got some real nerve. While I agree that wasteful spending and pork projects are quite a deterrant when it comes to Gov't laws and mandates, don't yell at Congress about pork and spending when you've spent trillions of taxpayers hard earned money without any kind of oversight. Yes, I know, he's fixing Bush's mistakes and he just signed into the law the health care bill. However, we all know by this point that the health care bill had so much pork in it, we could've served 4 plates of food to each American (including the illegals)!

Then he starts spewing the garbage out his lips that makes me feel ashamed he's our president. He wants to make sure that any economic reform bill has "full transparency and oversight." You know, I remember him claiming this way back when he was running for president. Since then, we've had nothing but backroom deals, hidden agendas, and a definite lack of transparency. In fact, I vaguely remember Nanci Pelosi being quoted (and this was an audio clip I heard with my own ears) after being asked what's in the health care reform bill as saying "When it passes you'll see what's in it." Oh yeah? That my friends is true transparency! Yep, here's a bill. However, instead of showing you exactly what's inside, we'll just wait and let you figure all the little pieces of crap we've really put in this. Transparency my big toe! Trust me on this, Nanci Pelosi wasn't alone. Her boss also was just secretive as she (and her Congressional thugs) were.

Obama was also quoted as saying both "There are literally trillions of dollars sloshing around this market that basically changes hands under the cover of darkness," and later saying "we don't want history repeating itself." When he says these two lines, here's what he's really saying: "I've spent tons of your money you're realizing that I am pretending like it's my personal piggy bank so no more after today, no more," and "we don't want history repeating itself. Remember last time a president sucked this bad, he served one term and then Reagan became president."

Obama was quoted shortly thereafter as saying "we need accountablitiy on Wall Street." Well, to be quite honest Mr. President, we needed accountability in the White House too but ever since we elected you, you've done nothing but pointed fingers about where the blame should go. Take some responsibility for your own actions, tell the people who you truly are (even if it is as radical as we all know it is), and be a man! You're crouching behind your Oval Office desk with a pen in your hand. Everytime you come on the air, I feel like we're not seeing the real you. While my views may not always be correct and a lot may not agree with them, I believe in what I believe and I stand firm in what I know! I'm also not afraid to admit when I'm wrong because God knows there are countless times where I've been wrong. I am glad our country took a huge leap in electing a black man as president. It shows truly what the American dream really is. Anyone who was born here (even if there's a chance you weren't), regardless of the color of their skin or their gender can become president. We've made mounds of progress. However, do you really want to go down in history as being the first black president who did nothing and didn't stand on any solid foundations?

Man, I feel like I'm on fire this morning folks!

Onto President Obama signing the bill HR 4851. This bill included a temporary extension of jobless benefits, including unemployment insurance, COBRA health care benefits, the Medicare "doc fix," and emergency flood insurance. I understand the unemployment is at an all time high. I know many close friends and relatives who are currently actively searching for jobs. However, not all people are of the caliber of the people I know. Not everyone who is on unemployment care to even have a job. By extending their benefits even longer, you're creating a nanny state, forcing the hard working taxpayers to foot their bill. Humor me for a second and stay with me on this. Let's say your boss comes to you one fine Tuesday morning. "Mr. X, you remember last year when we let Mr. Y and Mr. Z go? Well, they're still having trouble finding work. Mr. Y really doesn't want a job and Mr. Z is overqualified. We're going to dock your pay to help them out, we've already took the liberty." Not very fair is it? The Gov't is using their police power to force you and I to pay for others. I, of all people, understand how hard it is to get a job at times. I was unemployed for the better part of 6 months. I was frantically searching and even got my Class A Driver's license. I finally found a job right as my benefits were up. Remember, people work a lot harder when they realize the road is about to dead end. What can be done to prevent this? Read on!

The solution is simple. Cut those extensions as mentioned in the previous paragraph, lower the minimum wage, and enact the FairTax. Here's how this will work. Firstly, the FairTax will create a tax haven (America being that haven). Businesses will flock to us and create those jobs everyone's so desperately seeking. Then, naturally, the jobless benefits will become less of a need and thus, less Gov't spending is required. Lowering the minimum wage. Why? By keeping the minimum wage high, you're forcing inflation by an unnatural means. Plus, small businesses are what make America what it is. I'd take a shot in the dark by saying that 70-75% of all jobs created in America today are small businesses. If they can't give you the minimum wage (and it's now more than what I made in my first two jobs as a starting wage) then they'll have to fire folks, not hire folks, or even shut down. It's really very simple economics and I was never an economics major.

As far as the FairTax goes, I know it'll work and I'll eventually post a blog in simple terms as to how it works and why it will help. Another day, another post as this one has gotten quite lengthy.

Thanks for sticking with me and I hope I've opened your eyes, made you use your cranium, and quite possibly even fired you up! If you're mad as hell and want to put me in my place, comment. I'd love to hear from you!

Proud to be an American by birth and blood,

Dale M. Skrobot

1 comment:

  1. Good one Dale I believe its 85 or 90 % of new jobs created by small business, but you point is well made

    ReplyDelete