So on the way to work this morning, I heard about a story where a Douglasville woman was running from the cops. She was pregnant (can't remember how far along) and she slid and was part of a 3 car crash, ultimately resulting in losing her child.
Right off the bat, all sorts of things are wrong here. Firstly, this lady probably shouldn't have had a kid to begin with. My assumption here was it was accidental. She is now being charged with feticide. Make no mistake here, I am in full agreement with the law here. She should be charged with the death of her unborn child. However, this opens up the mind to the subject matter at hand, abortion.
Abortion is the means by which you terminate the fetus by means of removing forcefully from the body. Depending on how far along the fetus is, depends on how graphic and how wrong the means go. Obviously, the further along the child (because let's face it, fetus doesn't do justice, there IS a human being in there) you have to ultimately stop it's heart from beating. I understand the heart beat starts very early but some people don't accept it as a child until the 3rd trimester. For agreement sake, I'll PRETEND I believe that (which I clearly don't, it's a child from conception).
So here is where this is all going. I got this definition straight off Wikipedia (which some would argue as not being a reliable source).
--Feticide or foeticide is an act that causes the death of a fetus.[1] In a legal context, "fetal homicide" or "child destruction" refers to the deliberate or incidental killing of a fetus due to a criminal human act, such as a blow to the abdomen of a pregnant woman. As a medical term, feticide is destruction of a fetus,[2] for example as the first phase of a legal induced abortion.[3] Feticide does not refer to the death of a fetus from entirely natural causes, such as the miscarriage of a pregnancy.--
Notice that it agrees that abortion is a form of feticide. The Gov't has just been subject to contradiction (big surprise there). The minute Roe v. Wade passed into law followed by the moment the first person was charged with feticide, the Gov't officially is contradicting itself. The Gov't says that any woman is allowed to have an abortion in a legal method to a specific point. However, if for some reason a woman gets into a car crash forcing an abortion, she is charged with a crime. Where do the lines end here?
This is the big issue with abortions in the first place. As a society, we've gotten comfortable with the idea that people are going to have premarital sex. While I know this will probably never be stopped, we need to focus more of our time on youths having sex. That's where the big problem lies. Kids are told at an early age that they will not be able to prevent having sex before marriage so you may as well just be "safe" about it. What happened to waiting for the right person and marrying them? Granted, I'm not perfect and I'm guilty as charged here. However, I've learned and was fortunate enough not to have gotten severe diseases. If we, as a society, would place more value on the sanctity of our children and teaching them right from wrong and how to resist peer pressure instead of letting the entertainment sector teach our kids, abortions would become less of an issue.
It's a slippery slope folks. As someone told me on my social networking page, can you even fathom what would've happened if Beethoven's mom decided she wasn't ready after becoming pregnant and aborted him? Could you "imagine" what would've happened is Mrs. Lennon decided she didn't want a kid named John? What if your mother decided it wasn't a good time for her to have a child?
Folks, it's time to face reality. Our country has lost it's way. We need to put God back where he belongs in this country. Without God, chaos and darkness will fill the voids.
Please give me your insight. I'd love to hear what you have to say. I can only assume this topic will get the most comments on a post I've gotten since starting this blog but I want to know what you think. I haven't covered the entire scope of abortion but in all honesty, I don't need to. It's simple. You agree it's ok, or you don't. The only topic that I even remotely think has any opposing ground on is rape. Even that topic is being skewed. If you get drunk one night and wind up pregnant from it, that is not rape. You put yourself into a different state of mind. Unless someone literally forced you to drink, you have no grounds here. This goes for guys getting a girl pregnant while their drunk too, it's not a gender specific topic like most people think. If you advertise yourself to the world, expect them to come calling.
So what do I believe? Abortion is wrong with two minor exceptions: 1, Rape in the sense as I just described. True rape. You were merely the target of some sadistic person who forcefully took his will upon yours without your consent. 2, If medically you will not survive the pregnancy, you have the option to let your child live without you, or you can make the hardest choice you'll ever have to make and give them up. Frankly, I wouldn't want to be in that situation and I sympathize greatly for you.
Proud to be an American by birth and blood,
Dale M. Skrobot
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

While I am totally with you that abortion is the killing of an innocent child, you did strike a few nerves that I want to address, mostly because you probably wrote this so people would share their opinions that differ from yours, not so you can have 20 comments that say "Dale, I totally agree with everything you said!". So here goes it.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe that teaching/preaching abstinance is the way to minimize abortions. The society we live in doesn't allow two people to marry until they are 18 years old (there is the parental consent option but it is the exception). In the history of civilation, 18 is quite a long time to wait for marriage, not to mention the fact that the societal norm is to be out of college and into a career before two people get married. The sexual nature of humans begins to bloom many years before legal marriage age. With that in mind, we shouldn't expect "kids" to wait for marriage because it's biologically unnatural. Safe sex is the best way to teach our youth that what they feel is natural, not forbidden, and the emotional and physical consequnces can be wonderful, if in the right setting. Being honest about sex will better equip our youth with the ability to make better decisions.
The other thought I had while reading your post was about your ideas about rape and alcohol. What may be "consenual" while under the influence may be skewed, I wanted to make sure you aren't saying the if a girl or guy is drunk that they are opening themselves up to the horrow of sexual abuse. Drunk or not, a man should never force himself on a woman. No matter how stupid she is acting or how much she seems to come onto him. The minute she says no and he continues anyway, that is rape no matter how many mind altering substances are involved. But, to agree with you, multiple bad decisions doesn't make another bad decision ok (abortion).
So all in all, I agree with your overall standing on the topic of abortion. But some of the other issues you've touched on needed an alternate POV :) good day sir.
Forgive me if some of this is random and just sounds like rambling.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately, for kids these days, they don't have proper guidance growing up because they too are being raised by other kids. They merely provide a way for them to survive and that's how the mindset of people is going back to the caveman days. THE REPTILIAN MEMBRANE! It's not about making something of yourself anymore or being a good influence or creating anything. It's ALL about survival. That's why 99% of the people you come in contact with are "lucky to have a job". God forbid a young person gets pregnant whether they think it's cute or by accident, anybody want to help them out. We've all heard "It's a dog eat dog world out there!" God knows these ORGANIZATIONS want to jump on the band wagon when some natural disaster strikes a big city because they can suck up some glory from it or attain something from it. It's to the point where people are killing one another...even if it is their unborn babies. Back to the shitty parenting. I want to point out that a lot of times when you see a girl who is willing to "put herself out there", she more than likely doesn't have a reliable father figure in her life (that comforting and protected feeling that every girl longs to have that only a father can give her...not to say that a mother can't comfort and protect her, but hopefully, you know where I'm going with this). A girl needs that man in her life until her father gives her away to her husband and if he isn't there, she will look for him wherever she will get the attention and unfortunately she gets the shit end of the stick most of the time. It is a shitty world and the best thing you can do is take care of yourself and be a walking example because you're success will be what makes people truly listen to you.
I'm not going to touch the rape subject. It's a hard thing to tell someone yes or no to and you don't want to say you would have to be in that situation because more than likely, you won't be in the right mindset. I don't want to judge anybody who HAS already made that decision because God forbid I am ever in that situation. You don't want to have to be the one to make that decision.
This is my opinion as far as having babies goes. If you are not on your feet and set in your life with what you want to do or at least have an idea, I don't think you are ready for a child. You had better be able to set an example and provide a healthy and comfortable lifestyle. You had better be able to provide proper guidance as well as a good relationship with your spouse, and hopefully, be able to provide moral and financial support for whatever he/she wants to do with their life. You only live once and if you're going to die anyways, why live for survival? ...and if you do have a child before you're ready, then make it all the more reason to better your life because if you've never had a reason to live, you do now.
Dale you hit a nerve. We should be telling our teenagers abstain from sex, and instead send a mixed message about birth control. We say, "Don't have sex until you are married, but just in case here's birth control, and by the way the morning after pill."
ReplyDeleteThanks for the Blog.
Christina:
ReplyDeleteAbout abstaining. I still stand in my mindset that you shouldn't teach them it's ok to have premarital sex. Obviously, being a teen once myself, I understand the pressures of sex on their life. It's quite tough to resist the pressures of sex. However, think back to your first time (I'm speaking metaphorically here when I say "your"). Was it all you'd hoped it'd be? Do you remember him/her? Do you regret it? Imagine if your first time had been with your wife/husband. How amazing would that have been? Therein comes another topic. Marriage. An institution that should be unbreakable. I understand there are circumstances and the Bible even says that it's ok given your spouse becomes unfaithful. However, it should be everlasting. Thereby sex should be with the one person that lights your fire.
As far as the drunk thing goes, naturally I'm not saying a drunk girl instantly gives up her right to say no. I'm also not condoning a guy to force himself on an unsuspecting victim. However, preventative measures. Don't drink around folks you know want a piece and expect them to be able to resist your drunken mixed signals. However, as said, if you say no, it should mean no.
Kenny: Parenting is definitely a big role here. A mother and a father is the best atmosphere any child needs to have. They need to see the positive role models in their life. A daughter needs a good father to show her how a man is supposed to treat her. A man needs a good mother to show her how her wife should treat him with respect. Without one or the other, you get skewed results.
Penny: I fully agree. It's the mentality of "DON'T DO IT!!! However, here's your saftey net in case you do." That's like saying "Don't press this shiny red button! If you do, this wonderful feeling will come over you but you'll be in pain for year after year. So don't do it! However, if you do, here's a little something that will take away that pain."
Ultimately, we look as children as a burden when in all actuality they are a blessing. Think about it. A woman can literally grow a human being within her womb. Being ok with abortions is slapping the face of those who literally don't have the ability to conceive and want to. You're saying "See, I can pop out as many kids as I want to. However, I don't want one right now so I'll kill it."
Also understand that abortions are not natural. Very horrible ramifications can come to the woman should she decide on this option.
Ultimately this blog is all about the Gov't contradicting itself like it always does. Abortion's ok when you mean to. However, if it's accidental, it's a crime. So, what this woman who ran from the cops and got into an accident should've just told the cop she was on her way to the abortion clinic. Perhaps then he'd have been ok with it because it was the intent the whole time!
I have felt for a long long time that if you justify killing ANY segment of society then you can justify killing ALL segments of society. Perhaps we don't want sickly children or kids with dark hair or the chubby ones or the ones born from an ethnicity, say Polish for example. does it start sounding familiar. What should stand out about our society is the protection of the weak and unwanted. There are so few adoptable kids here in the good ol USofA, that our celebrities have to go to Africa and other parts of the world to adopt (sarcasm intended). As you said its not gender specific but usually the Dads don't get a vote, perhaps if they did there would be fewer murders of the innocent unborn, perhaps not. A long time ago someone told me you should not judge an act by the action alone, but by the intent of the heart. Maybe its time to look at the intention of the heart of those who commit the act. Otherwise we'll get some disgruntled artist who is mad at say Jewish Art Studio owners for not buying his works and he will run for office and decide to eliminate all Jews. His name might be Hitler or something. If your intent is to have a convenient form of birth control, bad form Bubba or Bubbette.
ReplyDeleteA very valid point. If you start to justify some killings, than any killings can be justified. I mean, really and truly, don't you think kids with diabetes are just a drain on our healthcare? I mean, wouldn't life be a little less costly for everyone else if they were just eliminated altogether? Well honestly, I'd love to see you try that. Imagine the uproar. How about a kid with a very uncurable form of cancer? He's not even going to grow to be a hard working citizen. May as well nix him out of the equation too while we're at it right?
ReplyDeleteThe point is, where does life truly begin. Once we figure that answer out, the rest is plain and simple.
I believe the removal of God in our society has had a great negative impact on the social upbringing of youths today. I was watching a seminar from Kent Hovind and he had a good thought where people keep touting that America and God need to be separated. However, laws were created around God's word. Don't believe me. Fine. If you don't believe me, let me know and I'll come to your house with a .45 caliber pistol and shoot you. I can't do that! It's against the law? Says who? Because it's "just not right" or because it was written in a divine book that "thou shalt not kill."
So, basically, abortions are murder. Plain and simple. The child has a heartbeat VERY early on and in the very unlikely chance you catch him/her when they're in a minimally cellular state, you are committing both a crime and disobeying God's commandment.
Whew... what a reply methinks.