Tuesday, April 19, 2011

PETA... yep... I'm going there.

Hello dear reader, welcome back. If you're a first time reader, perhaps you should start elsewhere on my page, just a warning. I'm super feisty right now and I figured I'd come here… to the sanctuary for my mind! If you haven't read any of my blogs yet, please note that I typically don't edit my thoughts. As I say them, that's how I write them. The only editing done is if I misspell a word, perform incorrect punctuation, etc. Intro in the bag… here we go… PETA. (maybe now I'll get some comments)


Firstly, let me say this, I do not, have never, and will never condone the unnecessary cruel treatment to any animal for any entertainment value. Entertainment value meaning cock fights, dog fighting, etc. Forcing animals to fight one another for the pure entertainment and profit is morally wrong. I watch UFC though because we as humans know better and thereby are choosing. Let me also say that I understand full and well that not everyone who supports PETA agrees with everything they say but that doesn't excuse the hypocrisies they routinely perform on a daily basis.


PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. Let's break this down just a little bit, "ethical." Ethical - (dictionary on my Mac) of or relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these. Let's break that one down a little more. Moral - (again from my Mac dictionary) concerned with the principles of right and wrong behavior and the goodness or badness of human character.


Why did I bring all that up? Morals. What defines "right and wrong?" If you're answer is anything other than the Bible or God, you're incorrect. The Bible clearly states that "you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want." God's words not mine. He said it is so, and so it is.


However, let's go beyond that because this isn't a sermon or Bible lecture. PETA scolds, belittles, and downright terrorizes those who oppose it. If you eat meat, wear animal byproducts, or even partake in milk and honey… you're the enemy. PETA is quite clear about their desire for the "liberation" of the animals. PETA mouthpiece Gary Yourofsky goes to high schools and preaches the "good word" to students still eager for guidance and soak up his words like a sponge. What cracks me up is that all the while, he wears shirts made from wool and belts made from leather. I suppose leather is some man-made material isn't it? Nope.


Fact: PETA takes in animals and provides housing and food. Fact: They purchased a 10x12 foot refrigerator. Fact: PETA has "put to sleep forever" more animals than it saves. These are facts and they are indisputable.


PETA also supports terrorism like I mentioned. Don't believe me? Google the name "Rodney Coranado." This man has firebombed many animal research facilities and testing facilities. These are the same facilities that provide necessary research to cure diseases such as bird and swine flu, mumps, measles, chicken pox, etc. This man goes around to town hall style meetings telling people and showing them how to make homemade incendiary devices so that they too can blow up these institutions. "PETA doesn't support radicals" I can hear you mutter to yourself. On the contrary, a few years back, PETA's tax forms were evaluated. They are a public entity and all forms are public knowledge and you can see this for yourself but I'll spare you the details. They donated $45k bucks to the "Rodney Coranado Support Committee." Proof enough?


I can hear you asking for more proof of hypocrisy. By all means, here you go as requested. Mary Beth Sweetland. Google her if you want but I'll save you the time. Vice President of PETA. She's a type A insulin dependent diabetic. Of course we know that insulin was used on animals first to measure the effectiveness of the drug on humans. GASP! It can't be! Well, yes… it can. Moreso, bovine and fish insulin is so close to that of the human counterpart, that it's often used for human injection. Yep, the drug keeping her alive is the very drug that makes her a hypocrite. However, she would prefer my brother who is also insulin dependent not use it because "that" is animal cruelty.


Folks, again, let me reiterate that I will not stand by and watch someone beat a dog unconscious simply because they can. I don't stand for excessive cruelty to animals. However, I do believe that God put animals on His Earth for us to use and consume as directed in the Bible. I know, as many radicals as they are in PETA and it's supporting groups (like ALF - Animal Liberation Front), there are that many radicals who abuse animals beyond ways I believe to be necessary. However, claiming you cannot own a pet (even as a seeing eye dog) because it's cruel is lunacy. Being told we cannot drink milk or consume honey because it's cruel to cows and bees is downright psychotic.


Please, don't take what I say without doing your own research. I'm merely trying to level the playing field and show you that just because someone screams long enough, loud enough, and often enough… doesn't mean they don't have their own hypocritical skeletons hiding away. There are already laws protecting the rights of animals (Google Michael Vick if you don't believe me). PETA is just another radical group that puts on a nice happy front and would rather not be revealed for what it really is. Everyone has an agenda. Remember that when you sign up for something.


Proud to be an American by birth and blood,


Dale M. Skrobot

2 comments:

  1. Ok and the UN is proposing to give "Mother Earth" and all in it the same rights as Humans.Ever been sued by a tree, wait it could happen. Kick some dirt and you could be arrested for assault. Wake up world those that use this type of tripe are Loonies and they are most of the time hypocrites as Dale said. Good one sir.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you! I definitely do not agree with unnecessary cruelty to animals (such as kids who blind kittens and puppies for fun), but PETA is going too much into extremes. I would definitely not call myself an animal lover ahahah... I don't go out of my way to squash ants or mozzies that are not bothering me, but I will definitely defend myself against a dog that is trying to attack me! Vegetarianism and veganism are all lifestyles I respect, but I feel very indignant when people try to push those beliefs on me. Not to mention PETA's paint-dumping on innocent models... there is no other word to describe PETA's actions, other than bullying. And it's great to see you standing up to bullies!

    ReplyDelete