So it appears that the local Gov't is finally wising up. They are trying to create a law whereby if you're not going the speed limit in the passing lane, you will be fined. They just now discovered that it's more unsafe for drivers going the speed limit to have to change lanes twice. While they are not condoning speeding or raising the speed limit, perhaps this means they'll look at raising the limits on certain roads that desperately need it (I mean I-285, GA-316, etc.). Anyone who's driven on I-285 understands what I mean.
In all seriousness, let's face it, it's not speeding that is dangerous. The danger lies in drivers who are given licenses that shouldn't have one. Those include young drivers who barely pass, elderly drivers who can no longer react quickly enough to drive, and those who cannot read the street signs that are in English. I believe the test should be a lot more stringent. Perhaps doing wet tests, extreme driving tests, heavy traffic tests, and raising the pass/fail score.
Just my thoughts.
Proud to be an American by birth and blood.
Dale M. Skrobot
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment