Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Thanks already and keep me going!


So this post is designed for those folks who've already said they took a peek at my blog and loved it (because let's face it, no one hated it). However, I'm sure someone out there will eventually run across it and either do one of two things; they'll read it and completely disregard it and move on or they'll read it, feel disgusted, and tell me what they think. In either case, awesome! I'd rather they tell me what they think though. Why? Because when they do, that means I actually struck a chord and then we can get onto discussing why they feel the way they do. Most people love to be fawned over and made to believe they just know all and nothing they say is or will be false (perhaps our Commander in Chief feels this way... though I'm not accusing him of this). Besides, this isn't about those people, it's about you guys.

I love when people read my writings and tell me they loved it. It makes me begin to think that perhaps I truly can make a difference. It's the simple domino effect. If I can change one person's mind, they'll go on and change one person's mind, and so-on and so-forth. However, with the many folks that have told me they thought my blog was a good read, I can only assume it's more of a pyramid effect. Call all of this a little narcissism, call it the want to teach, call it the desire to uplift, call it what you want because at the end of the day, I'm loving every minute of it.

Now, to end this with a little more input. I know those of you who read this probably agreed with some of it (hopefully most of it). So what can We do ('We' meaning as in We the People)? Well, let me be the first (and if I'm not don't spoil it for the rest) to tell you all how we can help. We need to make sure that anyone who voted in favor of this healthcare bill know that what they did wasn't what the vast majority of the American's wanted. We need to send an overabundant wave of disgust to Washington through one of the greatest powers we were given. The vote! Sure it's sounds cliche but you must understand it is the main defense we have as everyday common citizens. Remember that those in power were once just like you and I. Some may have had a few more priveledges growing up than the rest but ultimately we all wanted the same things we did when we were young (don't laugh here at my age). Freedom.

If I may, I will finish this post up with me getting on my little soap box for a minute (because I'm tall enough that a large one isn't necessary). Freedom, regardless of what the suits in D.C. want to make you believe) is not free. It definitely comes with a price. Blood. Blood is the ulimate form of currency and thank God we have a superb military that is trumped by none. They've paid the price for all of us and for those of us who were unfortunately declined from serving, the most we can do is offer up our full support to those who chose to. I feel a little cut and a little empty inside when I hear people that can sit there and claim the military is doing a horrible job and there's no reason for us to be in Afghanistan anyhow. It's almost like they weren't there with eyes glazed over as 9/11 became more than just a chilly New York day late in the year. The men and women who are serving our country right now are fighting an enemy that hates America and all it stands for. They are fighting one of the worst kinds of enemy you can ever come across, the one who actually WANTS to die as they believe it to be holy and justified. We don't fight because we want to, we fight because we have to.

So that all being said, let me publicly, without shame, without fear of ridicule, and without fear of rejection, salute the brave Americans who are currently, previously, or preparing to serve our country. You're doing something I only wished God would've allowed me to do. I place you higher in my heart than any sports star or Hollywood diva anyday. If you are one of those serving and are reading this right now, please know your choice is the very reason I thank God for placing me in the single greatest nation on Earth, period. God bless you and thank you for everything. One day, maybe I'll get a chance to thank you all in the greatest way possible. Until now, all I can give is my thanks and praise.

Proud to be an American by birth and blood,

Dale M. Skrobot

1 comment:

  1. Although I totally agree with you as to the brave men and women in uniform and will never be able to sufficiently thank them, there is another cost of Freedom. It is the constant vigilance of the voting public. The every day citizens who answer a "call to arms" of getting involved in their local and state politics. For example we need to be bombarding the Attorney General's office of the State of Georgia to participate in suits as to the Constitutionality of this nightmare bill. I for one have total disgust for those who "passed" this thing, and I believe there is a groundswell of every day folks who are fed up also. What do you do when an employee doesnt do the will of the employer? You fire them. REMEMBER IN NOVEMBER---RE ELECT NOONE

    ReplyDelete